The Canadian Hydrographic Service (CHS) is part of Fisheries and Oceans Canada. It is responsible for publishing the offical nautical charts and publications for Canada. You may purchase these through dealers. Many local sports fishing, marine and kayak stores carry them. Find a CHS dealer.
- A paper guide with tide and currents tables for our most local waters:
2018 Canadian Tide and Current Tables, Volume 6 Discovery Passage and West Coast of Vancouver Island
- Published annually
- Contains the official annual predictions (subject to some error).
- Times are not adjusted for daylight savinges time.
- The guide can be purchased for less than $10
- Online tide and current tables:
(Note: The printed guide contains secondary tide ports and current stations that the online tables lack)
- CHS Nautical Charts
- Paper and digital charts are available through CHS dealers.
- 1/40000 scale is probably the most useful